Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas, my friends!Check Spelling
I had a pretty splendid day. I opened some presents, ate some good food, and hung out with my family. I got a lot of clothes [which i picked out --so i knew i'd love them] a new coach purse::
(Coach.com)
as well as various items, such as a signed Paula Deen Cookbook, Sperrys, and sunglasses. My brother got me a much needed DVD player. Yay.

Our family doesn't really have any "traditions" that we do on Christmas. We bascially wake up, open presents, eat breakfast, lounge, eat lunch/dinner, hang out. This year, we strayed away from our traditional dinner (which exactly replicated our Thanksgiving Dinner) and it was a nice break and tasted great. I made this recipe::
  • 8 cups broccoli florets
  • 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
  • Good olive oil
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
  • 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
  • 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons julienned fresh basil leaves (about 12 leaves)

Place the broccoli florets on a sheet pan large enough to hold them in a single layer. Toss the garlic on the broccoli and drizzle with 5 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned.

Remove the broccoli from the oven and immediately toss with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice, pine nuts, Parmesan, and basil. Serve hot. (Courtesy of Food Network)


It turned out very good. I was worried because I had never made it or tasted it and it was the only vegetable we had, so if I messed up, no veggies for us. Luckily, it was good. (I omitted the lemon zest though).

I hope within the next week to hang out with some of my friends. I have a week until New Year's, and then about a week until my birthday. Don't plan to be too busy, but hopefully enjoyable nonetheless. I love the holidays :)

Again, Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment