Thursday, December 17, 2009

Funeral...

I attended a funeral today for my mom's cousin, Bud. I called him Uncle Bud. I have no clue why :) oka
He was a tremendous person. He was in the military for the better half of his life as a pilot and at one point, working for the NSA, he LITERALLY had one of those jobs where he could say "If i tell you, I'll have to kill you." That's just the coolest.
Although we saw his death coming (he had pancreatic cancer), and we got to say goodbye, it was still hard.
The funeral was good. It was short and to the point, but very personal and filled with the people who loved him.

Unfortunately, at times like this (funerals in general) I get really sad. Obviously about the person whose funeral I'm attending but it reminds me of Andy's death. It's been 3 years since his death but memories of the funeral and the day I found out he died, and saying goodbye to him are still very much in my mind.
I know that he's in a better place, and that the feelings never really go away, they just get easier to deal with, but I miss him.

To cover the pain, I'll just bury myself in chemistry and christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment