Friday, March 26, 2010

Pre-PA Reality

I know must of you probably don't care. But in less than 10 months, I will know if I am accepted into the PA school of my choice (Nova Southeastern, Orlando Campus). In less than 4 months, I will have my complete application in and just wait for the phone call or letter or email letting me know that I got an interview. EEP!

Here's what my calendar for my Pre-PA schedule.

April: Start my CASPA application. (CASPA is the general application for ALL PA schools. Some, like Nova, have supplemental applications, but everyone must use CASPA). Also during April, I finish classes for this semester and order my transcripts. And.. >>>CRUISE!!!<<< [I know that it's not PA related.. but it's too exciting NOT to put!]

May: Ask 3 people to write recommendations for me. Take the GRE. Shadow a PA as much as possible. Start my Anatomy and Physiology 2 class. Start writing my essay.

June: Preliminary list for Hodges is announced. (I am in a program that matriculates straight into Nova Ft. Myers campus, if I make the list. I WANT to be on this list [especially if I'm not accepted into the Orlando campus]).  Retake the GRE, if needed. Continue shadowing. Start finalizing my CASPA application, including my essay.

Mid-July: APPLY!!!!!!!! I will be applying to 4 schools.

August: Finish A&P 2.

September: Official list for Hodges recommendations are announced.   Start new semester.

Then, I just wait, and wait, and wait, and wait. I will wait 6 months! to find out if I even GET an interview.  Most of the people invited for an interview are accepted into the program.  An interview is a very good thing.

If all goes as planned, I will start Physician Assistant School in 
June 2011
and graduate as a Physician Assistant in
August 2013

1 comment:

  1. woohoo! looks like a lovely plan except for having to wait 6 months for an interview. At least you know it can take up to 6 months for an interview offer so you won't have to fret.

    ReplyDelete