Sunday, August 16, 2009

3 years

It's been 3 years yesterday since the death of a very special friend of mine named Anderson P. Maxey. He was 17 years old.

I stayed up late last night not being able to sleep and thinking to myself "Wow, that was 3 whole years ago..." I've gone through a senior year of high school and finished my first 2 years of college, all that he missed.

Alot has changed since he died. A group of friends that was once rock solid slowly diminished until we all went our separate ways -- he was our common bond.

Everything happens for a reason. I am still sad when I think about what used to be and what no longer is, but I know that it happened for a reason. The reason may not be visible to me, but he could have spiritually saved someone's life though his physical death.

God makes everything happen for a reason -- even though sometimes it seems tragic.

No comments:

Post a Comment